Monday, October 31, 2005

New Job and Staining Slides

Guess what!!?? I have taken a third part time job! I decided I wasn't busy enough so this new job works perfectly. I'll be working for the real-estate company of a friend about 7-10 hours a week. This should be fun! What in the world am I doing trying to go into nursing? I hate being in a building all day!
On that note, we have been learning to stain slides in my micro lab. This is so cool. My favorite stain so far is nigresine. It is the most beautiful blue color and makes the organizm under the slide so attractive that it is hard to think of them as having the potential to be an evil pathogen. Last week we also did some stains with India Ink. What an interesting life scientist lead. Not only do they need to know about microorganisms but they have to learn about the properties of various inks. Certain types have a slightly positive or slightly negative charge. Depending on the charge of the organism being stained, it will either attract or repel the stain! We never talked about that in art class! Too bad I can't post slides from my lab here for you to admire.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my, now we will never get you to babysit! hahahahaha. Really, I hope this works out ok for you and don't burn yourself out!

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home